ICAR – National Research Centre For Banana
ICAR – National Research Centre For Banana:: Young Professional Posts
Applications are invited to engage 01 (One) Young Professional – II, purely on a contractual basis under the DST funded project entitled “Breaking frontiers for the improvement of plants natural defense against pathogens in Banana (Musa species) through genome mining” (Inspire Faculty Award Scheme) at ICAR – NRC for Banana, Tiruchirapalli – 620 102. Eligible candidates are requested to submit their applications in the enclosed proforma with self-attested copies of educational qualification/experience certificates etc through email to email@example.com on or before 04.30 PM 07.10.2020 (Wednesday).
After a screening of applications, the shortlisted candidates will be informed the date & mode of interview through email.
- Name of the Project: DST funded project entitled “Breaking frontiers for the improvement of plants natural defense against pathogens in Banana (Musa species) through genome mining” (Inspire Faculty Award Scheme)
- Duration of the Project: 31.03.2023
- Name of the Post: Young Professional – II
- Number of Post: One Fellowship: Rs.25,000/- (Consolidated) per month as per DST guidelines
- Essential Qualification: First class in M.Sc. majored any branch of Life Science (Botany, Biotechnology, Biochemistry and / or other relevant fields)
- Desirable: At least 2 years experience in plant tissue culture and basic molecular techniques such as PCR, QPCR, and cloning
- Project Scheme: INSPIRE Faculty Scheme
Project Description: Plant Secondary metabolites often strengthen the defense of host plants against the unfavorable conditions. The project thus aimed to biosynthesis the pathway of one such secondary metabolite in banana using comparative genome-wide analysis, expression profiling, reverse genetic analysis, and other related methods.
- The ideal candidate expected to construct and maintain a high-density mutant banana library
- Characterize the secondary metabolite profile in banana
- Other works related to 1 & 2
General Terms and conditions:
- Age limit: Minimum age 21 years and Maximum age 45 years for Young Professional – I. Age relaxation shall be applicable for the post as per rules.
- The above position is purely on a temporary basis and co-terminus with the project. There is no provision for re-employment after termination of the project. The selected candidate will not have any right for claiming pay scale or absorption against any regular post being vacant on a later date at this institute.
- Candidates who have passed the required qualifications only be allowed for the interview.
- Candidates attending the Interview should neatly type the application in the format prescribed in MS-WORD – TIMES NEW ROMAN FONT – 12 SIZE and submit the same along with attested copies of educational qualifications, experience, and publications, etc. through email.
- Candidates already working should produce the necessary “No Objection Certificate” in case he/she is employed elsewhere.
- For more details please contact: 0431- 2618125
- For Official Notification Click here